2014 Southern Raceway Pure Stock Rules
The rules and regulations set forth are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events and by participation in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules.
The minimum requirements set forth may change at the discretion of the management of Southern Raceway.
No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publication of or compliance with these rules and/or regulations.
They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to a participant, or any other individuals that enter the property.
RACING IS A DANGEROUS SPORT. PARTICIPANTS AND ALL OTHERS THAT ENTER SOUTHERN RACEWAY PROPERTY CAN BE SUBJECTED TO INJURY OR DEATH. YOU ASSUME YOUR OWN RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY WHILE ON SOUTHERN RACEWAY PROPERTY.
Anything not specified must be OEM and remain in stock location with no modifications. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the chief technical inspector, any decision of and by Southern Raceway officials is final.
2. ALL CARS MUST HAVE TOW CHAINS. On front and rear of car, easily accessible to track officials.
Bodies & Frames
1. 1969 or newer
2. No Camaros, Firebirds, or Mustangs allowed
3. 4 point cage min. with 2 door bars on each side – May run Full Cage. All welds and structural integrity must be satisfactory of chief technical inspector.
4. All glass must be removed
5. All body parts must remain stock except rear bumper may be replaced by 2×2, 2×3, or round tube but must be extended no further than 5″ from frame rails. No pointed or sharp edges of any kind. No solid stock.
6. Frame must remain complete and unaltered
7. May skin car with steel sheet metal. May have aluminum sides but must maintain a steel hood, roof, and trunk. Must contain factory body lines for car being run and may not remove factory bracing….IT MUST APPEAR STOCK! MUST APPEAR STOCK! MUST APPEAR STOCK! MUST APPEAR STOCK! MUST APPEAR STOCK!
Tires & Rims
1. 8 inch wheel maximum width, stock 3 inch offset only.
2. 205-235 60,70,or 75 series dot street tire, Towel City red dot only
3. 1″ Lug Nuts Mandatory
4. Bead lock wheel on right rear only
5. No tire alterations of any kind allowed (chemical or physical). Automatic disqualification.
1. locked, limited slip, or shimmed Ok
2. Rear-end must be for make and model of car being used
1. No modifications allowed
2. Stock diameter springs only , may change rate, no screw type adjusters. no racing shocks
3. No adjustable spring spacers allowed, must be solid
4. Sway bar may be removed.
5. Solid spring spacers ok, no adjustable screw type adjusters allowed.
6. Steel aftermarket upper “A” frame allowed. Non adjustable. Stock length. Stock type ball joint of stock length. No screw in ball joints.
***SHOCK CLAIM*** effective 2014
1. Any eligible driver finishing feature that is scored on the lead lap can claim all shocks for $125 from any of the top three drivers. (must claim all four shocks)
2. Only driver may claim and agree to sell or refuse. In case of multiple claims on same item, drawing will be held to determine outcome. Claim is not charged to drivers not awarded item. If first eligible driver withdraws claim, next eligible driver will be awarded claim.
3. Driver must report the claim to the Chief Technical Inspector IMMEDIATELY after the feature race and must have CASH in hand.
4. All claimed items must be removed at the track, within a reasonable amount of time (at discretion of track officials) and must leave the track under possession of claiming driver. If any driver is caught at the track claiming for another driver, both drivers forfeit all cash, trophies and contingencies for event.
5. During a claim, all shocks should be inspected for legality prior to transfer of items. If claimed item is found illegal, driver is disqualified. Claimer then has option to accept or decline claim.
6. Refusal to sell any claimable item forfeits all cash, trophies and contingencies for event.
1. fuel cell recommended, must be mounted in the center of the car
2. Fuel lines must be routed so they cannot be ripped loose from racing action. If run through interior of car, must be in conduit or other protective metal casing. Must be insulated in protective casing from fuel cell to fuel pump so that the fuel line may not be damaged in competition,
3. fuel cell must be mounted in can with two 2″ straps top and bottom. Must have tip over valve.
a. ANYTHING NOT SPECIFIED IN THESE RULES MUST BE STOCK, IN ORIGINAL POSITION FROM ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER.
b. .All parts must have stock casting numbers
c.1969 or newer American made 2 or 4 door sedans with a min. wheelbase of 108”.frame and body must match.
d. No GT type or unibody cars (Camaros, firebirds, mustangs, novas) no front wheel drive.
e. Engine must be used for make of car used., year may be interchanged.
f. stock style moroso mounts ok
g. cross member must remain unmodified. A arm mounts in stock location.
h. breather and full air filter required at all times. No air boxes.
I. Stock unaltered turbo 350 or metric 200 transmission only. Stock and unaltered torque converter 11” minimum.
1. No aluminum engine parts.
2. Unmodified holly part #4412 only. No modifications except choke butterfly and shaft may be removed. choke horn must remain unmodified .maximum 1”inch aluminum spacer/adapter with 1 gasket per side not to exceed .065”in thickness.
3. Unmodified cast iron 2 or 4 bll intake manifold must be factory oem stock. Must be factory low-rise oem stock, No bowtie, aluminum, airgap, or marine intakes. No GM 14098242 or GM 14096242 intakes.
4. No headers allowed, no center dump manifolds. no crossover or “H” pipes. Exhaust must extend past driver. Maximum id on pipe is 17/8” inch.
5. No phenolic/ wooden carburetor spacers
1. Stock production heads only, must be for 350 engine only. No closed chamber heads, no aluminum heads. No vortec heads. No angle plug heads. The following heads are not allowed (last 3 casting#s) 040, 041, 186, 291, 292, 461, 462, and 492..Any questionable heads must be approved by chief inspector
2. Maximum compression 175 lbs. with exhaust valve disabled, all plugs removed, and carburetor in full open position with a battery charger if needed. Time limit may be enforced by chief tech inspector
3. No flow work on heads, no port matching
4. Stock diameter valve springs. No over sized valves, max size is GM1.94 intake 1.50 ex. Ford 351w&302 2.02 intake and 1.60 ex. 3 angle valve job ok. No angle milling allowed.
5. Stock rockers stock ratio only GM 1.5 ford 1.6 6. Screw in studs and guide plates ok. No stud girdle .Poly locks ok
1. Block may be bored max .060”over maximum 360 cid.
2. Stock production rods only.5.7 only must have factory markings. Must be stock length for engine being used
3. No dome or pop up pistons. Aftermarket dish , flattop 2 or 4 valve relief pistons ok.
4. OEM crankshaft only. Stock stroke. No lightening, no polishing.
5. Aftermarket oil pan ok
6. Aftermarket hydraulic camshaft allowed. Maximum lift .284”measured at the cam.
7. Firing order must remain stock and unaltered, No 4-7 swaps
8. Aftermarket aluminum radiator ok
9. Battery may be relocated to firewall or inside driver compartment. Battery must be in a type battery case fully covered and securely mounted. Plastic cases only.
10. Any water bottles or other cooling devices must be securely mounted on right side of car and forward of the rear-end.
11.Aftermarket power steering pump and aluminum pulleys ok.
12. Aluminum water pump ok.
1. All cars must have 5-point approved safety belts mounted by 3/8 grade 5″bolts. 3” minimum strap with and must be manufactured within 3 years of event.
2. Approved helmet and goggles or shield
3. Driver’s fire suit required. Must be complete!
4. Working 2-1/2 lb. minimum fire bottle required properly mounted within reach of driver while securely seated. May not be hose clamped, taped, zip tied, ect.
5. You may use a properly installed racing seat and fuel cell for safety purposes. These items will be checked for proper installation prior to going on the track by Tech personnel.
6. Drivers neck brace mandatory
7. Roll bar padding mandatory on all bars within reach of any part of the drives body while driver is properly seated in the car.
8. Drivers window net manufactured within past 5 years mandatory.
9. Must have protective bars in windshield area forward of driver.
10. Absolutely no weight or ballast added to the car of any kind. No over sized, high gauged, or solid stock frame alterations or bumpers
Car must meet satisfaction of chief technical inspector for integrity and safety each night before allowed on the racetrack
S & W Containers
Wes Paul Auto Glass
USA Performance Center
Sessions Construction Services
Olivers Landscape and Nursey
Psychotic Tattoo Studio
This site and it's contents are copyright 2006 - 2012 by Southern Raceway. Site designed and maintained by Bob Smith