2013 Southern Raceway Hobby Rules
FACEBOOK POSTINGS DO NOT SUPERSEDE SRW RULES. IF IT IS NOT ON THE HOME PAGE OR IN THE RULES DON’T DO IT!!!
1. 1970 or newer sedan eligible.
2. Minimum stock wheelbase 108”. Frame cannot be cut or modified in any places. May replace rearward of rear tire frame rails with
2x3 box tubing if damaged.
3. Body must be set on original body mounts.
4. Aftermarket type steel bodies OK. May have aluminum body sides, roof, hood and deck lid. Panels may be fabricated to factory dimensions only. No wedge, no rake, no late model appearing bodies.
5. Body and frame must match.
6. Rear floor pan behind driver seat my be removed and replaced with steel ONLY. Full floor pan required.
7. Trunk and hood may be hulled but no aluminum allowed.
8. Bumpers may be replaced by 2x2, 2x3 or round tube but must not extend any further than 5” from frame rails outboard from bumper must be concealed by nose piece of stock.
9. Dash must be stock appearing (aluminum or steel OK).
10. All glass must be removed.
11. Full roll cage allowed. Roll cage perimeter bars must be 1 3/4 x .095 tubing. Four bars in drivers door and X’d in passenger side, door plates recommended.
12. May run 4” max height spoiler, spoiler side boards OK.
13. Must have drive shaft loop no more than 10” behind transmission.
14. Must have working 4 wheel brakes. After market pedals and duel master cyl. OK. No brake bias adjusters of any kind in cockpit.
15. ALL HOLES in floor pan and fire wall MUST BE covered with steel. Full fire wall required. May replace factory fire wall with steel. Minimum set back for clearance OK.
16. Back of seat no further back than trailing edge of door.
TIRES AND RIMS
1. Tires will be Hoosier RC-4
2. May run bead lock on right rear only.
3. 10” maximum wide wheel. 2” maximum offset.
4. 1 inch wheel spacer OK (1 spacer per wheel)
5. No grooving, cutting, snipping or soaking permitted.
6. No tire soaking/and or treating in any class. Any driver/owner/crew member found to have used, or brought, any tire soaking chemicals onto SRW property will be asked to leave the property and will be subject to fine and or suspension.
1. All suspension components must remain stock and in stock location.
2. Racing shocks OK. Must be steel and mount in stock location. No heims or any type of ball on shock.
3. No weight jacks, adjustable spring spacers OK.
4. May run racing springs.
5. All steel tubular upper control arms are OK with stock mounts only.
6. All non-specified parts must be OEM for make and year of car.
4. Working fire extinguisher required . Must be mounted to roll cage with quick release bracket within easy reach of driver. CAN NOT BE TAPED, ZIP TIED OR HOSE CLAMPED IN PLACE!!!
7. May run shock spacers.
Battery may be located inside drivers compartment behind driver. Battery must be in a type battery case fully covered and securely mounted.
1. Must use approved fuel cell mounted in can with two 1/8”x2” straps top and bottom. Must have tip over valve.
2. No glass type fuel filters.
3. Fuel line must be routed so they connot be ripped lose from racing action. If run through interior of car they must be in a conduit.
1. OEM production transmissions only. May run automatic or any standard. No direct drives. No dummy converters.
2. Stock clutch and pressure plate only.
Stock rear end for car being run, no modifications. Locked rear end optional. May change rear end gear ration. 9 Inch Ford OK. Full floater OK. All steel parts only, hubs, drive plates, axels, spool must be steel. Full or mini spool. Lower trailing arms must the the same length and mounted at same height.
1. Must be same as manufacturer’s engine in stock location. My be mounted on solid mounts. Stock type fuel pumps only. No electric pumps.
2. Chevrolet 5.7” rod, 1.94/1.50 valve, 3.48 stroke. 360 cid max.
3. Only OEM or GM Vortec heads may be used. No aftermarket castings.
4. All engine components must be stock with no modification unless specified in these rules.
5. Camshaft may be .450 lift at valve, .300 at cam. No 1.6 rockers or roller rockers. No roller cams. Stock firing order only.
6. Carburetor must be unaltered 4412. May run cast iron bowtie or aluminum intake with 1 1/4” adapter plate. NO air gap manifolds. “602” crate engines must run unaltered 4412 carburetor.
7. Stock distributors only.
8. Stock exhaust manifolds or under-slung headers only. Over frame OK. No 180 degree.
9. Stock steel flywheel 17lb minimum.
10. GM or OEM stock replacement crankshafts only. 48lb minimum. Aftermarket Scat/Eagle steel I beam stock replacement rods OK.
11. May use Edelbrock 7116 intake or same as 602 crate engine with vortec heads. No air gap of any kind.
12. May use Edelbrock 7101 intake on 55-86 cylinder heads. No air gap of any kind.
13. 1” inspection plug welded in oil pan 5” from front seal and 1 1/2 inches down from pan rail on driver side. Should be between second and third pan bolt. This is mandatory. NO PLUG NO RACE!!!
All cars must weight 3,200 lbs after race with driver. All weight must be mounted with 2 1/2” bolts and painted white with car number. No weight in drivers compartment. Drive shaft must be painted white.
1. All cars must be equipped with an approved 5-point quick release or aircraft style seatbelt and shoulder harness securely fastened to the frame or roll cage with minimum 3/8” grade 5 bolts.
2. Seatbelt and harness must be at least 3” material.
3. Approved helmet with face shield or goggles required. Driver’s fire suit required.
Check Us Out On
Kiker's U-Pull It
Highway 90 in Milton, FL
S & W Containers
Taco Town of Milton
Wes Paul Auto Glass
USA Performance Center
Sessions Construction Services
USP Structural Connectors
Stillwell Law Firm
Oliver's Landscape and Nursery
Gulf Pines KOA